Not much is usually my answer to this question!! I have all these great aspirations to become a good cook and my Cuz I’m an Eater Board on Pinterest is proof that I love me some good eats!! All the items on their look deeeelicious. But I always feel like it takes me 10 hours and every dish in my kitchen to cook anything significant, which is part of why I shy away from it.
But my buddy Susan is hosting her first linky right now and it’s about favorite dishes you like to whip up in the kitchen. I love Susan and I love food so last night I decided to do some photo documentation of my go to quick and easy dinner meal. I swear, if I can make this, you can too!
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
Ingredients: You will need everything pictured below PLUS — 1 egg (not pictured) to make 8 servings.
Materials: 1 or 2 (depending on size) oven safe pans. I use pyrex.
1. Start by per-heating your over to 400 degrees.
2. Boil a pot of water and cook 8 lasagna noodles. (The first time I did this I was perplexed as to how to cook lasagna noodles when I didn’t have a pot big enough to submerge the whole noodle. Turns out you just stick them in and as they cook they slowly bend until the whole thing lowers itself into the pot.)
3. Microwave your spinach pack for 6 minutes as directed on the box.
4. Put a little bit of your tomato sauce in a cup and mix with water for a liquidy tomato sauce. Then coat the bottom of your pyrex pan/pans.
5. Mix the Spinach, 8 oz. ricotta cheese, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup (or your best guesstimate) of tomato sauce in a bowl.
6. Drain the cooked noodles and spread them out onto a cutting board or a plate. Spread the bowl mixture onto your noodles like I did here. I’m sure you’re supposed to just do this with a spoon, but here’s my secret — I usually do the bulk of the spreading with my fingers! (Sometimes I put too much filling on and it starts to come out of the sides while I’m rolling. No worries– scoop it up and add it to your next noodle!)
7. Once your noodle is covered it’s time to roll em up and put em in the pan! When you are done with all your noodles add some more tomato sauce to the top of each roll then sprinkle with shredded mozzerella cheese.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and pop them in your oven for 35-40 minutes and you’re good to go!!
This is one of mine and my hubs favorite meals!!
I’ve never done them with meat, but I’m sure it would be easy to cook up some ground beef and add it to the spread.
Ok, I shared and now it’s your turn! Click the button to link up with Susan and help me find some new meals to try — please!!
Time to do the MONSTER MATH!! 💚 Number sense fun that is easily differentiated. Templates included for:💜 Making 10 & 5💜 Addition💜 Subtraction💜 Commutative Property💜 Number BondsTAKE A PEEK: bit.ly/monstermathcraft ... See MoreSee Less
The doors are officially open for the Winter Educator Summit! ☃️💙 The Educator Summit is a TWO DAY virtual conference with over 20 sessions presented by nationally recognized educational leaders. As an attendee you will receive:∙ Over 20 hours of on-demand professional development sessions∙ The ability to watch and replay all of the sessions until March 31st∙ PD Certificate of attendance (Check with your district for their requirements)∙ Exclusive VIP free products that have been created specifically for this event The link below will give you access to all of the sessions AND tons of exclusive freebies for just $35 when you register within the next 5 days! Grab your teacher bestie and sign up today! This special 50% off discount expires on October 20th at midnight MDT. Check out all of the event the information, keynote speakers, and session details below. ☃️ CHECK IT OUT: bit.ly/edusummitconference ... See MoreSee Less
Creepy Crayon Book Companion 💜 Target your K-2 literacy standards in a fun and engaging way! Includes: vocabulary cards, making predictions, blends scavenger hunt, crafts, retell, problem & solution, response to text, and writing templates. TAKE A PEEK: bit.ly/creepycrayon ... See MoreSee Less
Here are 4 of the 8 skills your students can practice with this Apple math craft. Easily differentiate for the skills your students are working on! 🍎🍏TAKE A PEEK: bit.ly/applemathcraft ... See MoreSee Less